Saturday, December 15, 2007

I can't believe its come to this

Ok, I caved.

Let's start at the very begining (allegedly, 'a very good place to start'):
I have a diary-not a journal,mind you,a diary- and it has served me well for the last decade or so.And I too have been faithful to it over the years. I stuck to the painful task of physically writing down my thoughts when those around me took the easier route of typing it all down (lets just ignore Carpel Tunnel Syndrome for now). And when the blogging bandwagon really started to hit its stride I was alone in my loyalty to the pen, in a sea of keyboard fondlers. Yes, they were hard times indeed but I was determined to be blog-free.

I think it is quite clear that I was not determined enough.

So, here I am doing what I said (what I swore) I'd never do. And while I am looking forward to what this 'blogging' might bring, I cannot quite push aside the guilt of abandoning my faithful diary. As far as I am concerned this is infidelity in its gravest form.

Moving on.

You might have noticed that I like run-on sentences. This is because I do. I like to pack in as much as possible into one sentence. The knowledge that I am probably causing much distress to English teachers around the world only encourages me to commit this most disturbing of grammar sins. Ha ha, English teachers, ha ha.

I am also aware that I sound like a frumpy, middle-aged woman . Maybe I am a frumpy,middle-aged woman. I certainly won't be telling you.

So, that's it. My first blog post. I am ruefully shaking my head at the computer screen right now (and getting strange looks from family members). I can't quite believe that I'm doing this. Will I be able to go through with this? Will I really do it? Will I really be able to press that big orange,taunting PUBLISH POST button?

I think its quite clear that I pressed it.

7 comments:

Dhivya said...

Yay! You've finally started a blog. I'm so glad- now I don't have to be the only one to put up with your dry and sarcastic banter! ;)

But seriously, I'm really lookin forward to seeing some humorous and interesting posts here.

passion@itsbEsT said...

hey sowmya - last time i spoke with u i was under the impression u wont be a starting a blog anytime soon.. but here u are now writing ur first blog!
i like ur style - its crisp and funny!
happy blogging!

Dhivya said...

I blogrolled you!

Dhivya said...

I can't believe you've just stopped with this! Come on... give us more!

Anonymous said...

My god sowmya.. looks as though we sail on the same boat... anyway give us a better post next time...

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Unknown said...

nothing can ever replace the satisfaction I derive out of writing with a pen.

Blogging has its own place for sharing your public thoughts ,I think.

Keep writing.. keep blogging

Cheers,
Sharad
Medley